Saturday, May 20, 2017

"High Enough" by K. Flay

I was on a panel last night at a fund raiser for Planned Parenthood
it was uplifting after the bad news yesterday.

This is just some of the beautiful art that was on display:


 And so many of my friends were there:

Hillary, Cat and Chris

Just so many amazing people were there...



All the love that was in that room was just incredible.  The people there lifted me up so much. I get "high enough" from all the love I feel from all of my amazing and wonderful friends.

Each of the members of the panel answered the following questions related to femininity:

1. What does femininity mean to you? 

2. What is a stereotype of femininity you would like to break?

3. What are some challenges you have faced in dealing with femininity?

4. What are some advantages to femininity?

5. If you could tell your 12 year old self a message, what would it be? 

6. Do you feel that femininity is gender biased? 

7. Do you feel there needs to be a balance between masculinity and femininity? 

8. How do you feel women rights and femininity are tied into one another? 

9. What are some steps people can take to get in touch with their femininity?

10. In times of difficulty, who or what did you turn to?

I hope that I presented a good perspective on femininity from a transgender woman's perspective.

#TransIsBeautiful



I love the videos for this!  The reel-to-reel tape recorder is so cool, I notice it is even a Quadraphonic (4 channel) one.  I also love the "Lyric" video because they incorporated the lyrics into images in the video itself.

YouTube (Vevo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j04JKdcXjkU
YouTube (Lyric): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkFVMDlcJF8
YouTube (Audio): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqbVnBtyfoc

No comments:

Post a Comment