Monday, July 16, 2018

"Ugly Bag of Mostly Water" by Rachel Edwards

17-Nov-2016

Update 18-July-2018: There were rendering issues with the first version of my video.  Some of the photos were the wrong size (and not the 16:9 ratio).  Plus my dear friend Psarah Johnson commented that seeing Trump's pictures made her want to puke.  I agree he makes me want to hurl as well.

So I think I've fixed most of the rendering issues and to ease the pain of seeing that <insert any of a long list of derogatory terms here> person, I've started making fun and hopefully a point about him.  Only one of his photos are updated in this version, but I plan to keep working on them.

YouTube (Version 2): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gpTSQqmitI


Original post:

 I finished making my first music video today.  The whole concept of posting music and a video I made myself seems so weird!

I woke up one morning last week and had this powerful urge to just create some nasty music. Music that just wasn't pretty.  I had recently found a sound on my synth called "Capt. Crunch" that was kind of a harsh, ugly sound. That felt like the was the perfect sound.  I laid down the drum track and then just started playing around with Capt. Crunch, trying to figure out something that really wasn't too melodic.

The working title for it was simply "Ugly". While I was messing around with it a line from an episode of Star Trek TNG popped into my head. If I remember correctly in that episode there were crystalline creatures that were calling the humans "ugly bags of mostly water". I decided that would be the title of the music.

YouTube (Version 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOKCfaZTqZQ

No comments:

Post a Comment