Thursday, January 10, 2019

"Another Vice" by Miranda Lambert

Plaque in Day Murray Music

I suppose I should have found an RCA Victor recording from back then to go along with the above plaque they have in Day Murray Music, but that would probably take far more time and effort than I have to give right now.

A few days ago I heard a rumor that The 5th in Bountiful was no longer doing karaoke on Wednesday nights.  That freaked me out because I already lost one karaoke night this week (Handle Bar is not longer doing karaoke on Sunday nights), so I had to go find out. (Note: they are still doing it :)

Anyway, I felt totally like shit last night and had to force myself to get out of bed, to drive to Bountiful.  So I really had no intention of staying, but then I got sucked in and stayed for a while.

A young woman that followed me after one of my performances was nervous, so she asked me to come and sing with her.  This was the song she was performing, which I explained I was unfamiliar with, but she still wanted me to be with her.

I was very honored to think that someone would want me on stage with them.  I stood with her and tried to follow along with her.  She did a spectacular job and I decided I really like this song.

YouTube (Vevo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTlaRu_Wsl4

No comments:

Post a Comment