Monday, July 20, 2020

"The Girl I'll Never Know (Angels Never Fly This Low)" by Frankie Valli

No brakes....
My poor baby!!
CeCe looks cool even on the back of a tow truck!!
So I left Jitter Bug Coffee and headed west on 2100 South in Salt Lake City to pick up a few things at Costco.  Just past Main Street I pressed on the brakes to slow down a little and they felt slightly odd.  I was like hmm... that's odd.  I pumped them a little and I think once the pedal went to the floor.  So I slowed to a crawl and pulled into the next parking lot I came to.

I wanted to find a shady parking place in case I had to wait in the very hot afternoon sun.  There were very few trees by the parking spaces, the only empty one clear at the far (north) end.  I called SueZQ to alert her that I had a situation.  I debated whether to try to crawl home, but finally decided the risk of something bad happening was extreme.

So I called AAA, but I had NO idea what the address was.  I told them I was east of the Chevron station on the corner of 2100 South and 300 West but they couldn't seem to get that.  Finally I told them I was directly across the street from the entrance to the Best Buy.  I could look straight south at the entrance to Best Buy.   I emphasized that I was across the street.

Naturally, a few minutes later I saw the AAA truck pull into the Best Buy and start driving around.  I was like shit!  But after a minute the driver called and asked where I was.  I walked into the Chevron parking lot so they could see me (wearing a blue skirt and explained that I was across the street and they came right over.

By that point CeCe had no brakes at all, the pedal just went clear to the floor (thank heavens I didn't try to make it home!!!!).  We had to use the emergency / parking brake to move her where she could be loaded on the truck.

When I told Bruce at the coffee shop what happened he said I must have angels watching over me.  I'm pretty sure they just ride along with me!!  ;)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxMOgA1M-C4
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7OQ7gjP1gU
YouTube (Topic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNHjYwXzv9g

No comments:

Post a Comment