Sunday, May 26, 2019

"It's O.K." by The Beach Boys



Last Sunday I had agreed to sign a song for the Leather Pride event.  It turned out to be an epic fail  :(
I'm trying to get to a place where "It's O.K."!

I was very worried that I couldn't depend on remembering the lyrics of that song, but my printer was broken so I couldn't put the lyrics (should've just gone to Kinko's) so I copied the sheet music and took the 7 pages with me.

I got there and it was outdoors and an uncovered stage, just a raised platform.  When I got there the entertainment director told me I was on first (lovely!).

There were no stairs or railing to get on stage just a cinder block.  Just as I stepped onstage it started raining.  I don't have good control of either of my hands, but my left hand is better than my right, so I thought I could hold the sheets in my left and peel them off and drop them as I sang with my right.

Except they had no mic stand so I had to hold the mic in one hand.  The sheets were partially wet by the time I started singing.  I think after about the second verse a gust of wind came along and blew a few of the remaining sheets right out of my hand.  It was pretty much over by that point.  :D

Anyway, I dug these two old Beach Boys 45's out and this was another great Beach Boys songs from the later years.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocUX6u1fOLI
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btzXOLr8Q0M
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3KFrB2CFZE

No comments:

Post a Comment