Tuesday, April 14, 2020

"Green Grass" by Gary Lewis & the Playboys

Marks left in the green stripe by masking before the paint had completely dried
I got in a rush to paint the yellow stripe and it hadn't occurred to me that the green paint had not had time to dry completely.  So it left tape marks in all the places the arrows point and fine ridges in the paint all around the yellow stripe.  And they looked even worse after I waxed the hood.

I was really dreading having to repaint the green stripe, so yesterday I thought maybe I could sand the ridges and marks out and make it look better.  I got some 600 and 1500 sandpaper and gave it a try.

It's not easy being green
I put some wax on it today, if you look close you can kinda tell it's a little dull where I sanded, but it looks much better than it did with all those marks and ridges!

It turns out this is my 1300th published post in my Rachel's blog!  (I'm still filling in my older missing posts back to  September 2017.)   Added to the over 1,000 published posts in my old (before I transitioned) blog, that makes over 2,300 songs / posts.

Gary Lewis and the Playboys was one of my favorite bands when I was a kid.  As I mentioned in my post back on 5-Dec-2018 the first album I ever bought with my own money was their "This Diamond Ring" album.

This first video made me pretty nostalgic:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bsWnwvD11s
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYE1TIxGMA
YouTube (Topic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOkISxemlk

I thought this was pretty funny:

SueZQ accidentally took this when I was showing her how to take a picture with my Android phone

No comments:

Post a Comment