Thursday, May 21, 2015

"Red Roses For A Blue Lady" by Wayne Newton

I've been playing this album the last couple of days and I really enjoy it.  So I thought I would post my favorite songs from it.

Wayne Newton is another artist that is often maligned for being... I don't know what word to use... fluff?  Not a serious artist?  Admittedly not Enrico_Caruso.  I remember someone came into my office some years ago and I was listening to the "Red Roses For A Blue Lady" CD and they were freaked out that I could listen to such tripe.  My feeling is that if you enjoy listening to a piece of music what is the problem?

I was just thinking that it still feels a bit strange to think that now I'm on the opposite side of this equation.  :)

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6J7Uuq-9a4
YouTube (45 RPM): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-s9m6fM6Yg

I just love it when an album has the original stickers on it too.  This album has a sticker from Skaggs Drug.  Bought many albums there.  And many ice cream cones as well :)


No comments:

Post a Comment