Friday, April 8, 2016

"As Time Goes By" by Dooley Wilson

Ahh yes... April 8th... kind of an infamous date in our family.  Definitely a funky day!

Almost 4 decades ago I wrote a program to determine the next time Good Friday would occur on April 8th.  It was based on the formula in the assignment I had around that time.  I found the assignment sheet not to long ago and I've scanned it in below.  I note that it was printed with a Mimeograph, too funny!!

It *ALWAYS* feels so weird to me now, reminiscing about events in the past and now knowing I was always a woman.  Thinking about how my life would have been different...  I have to remind myself to not go down the "What if..." road.  I see now that I've had a wonderful life, even though I was pretty broken.

Anyway, thinking how "time goes by" reminded me of this song.  I posted the version by Harry Nilsson back on 14-Dec-2012, so I thought I would post the original version now.

YouTube (45 RPM): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIEjIQOD2lc


Weber State College 1978 DP* 260 assignment sheet for Easter problem:



* DP = Data Processing, if I remember correctly this was before there was a Computer Science program at Weber State.

No comments:

Post a Comment