Friday, April 1, 2016

"The Man Behind the Red Balloon" by Noel Harrison

Update 22-Feb-2017: I fixed the YouTube link so that it starts the video at the point where this song starts at 1:20:40.

As an April Fools joke I thought I would post "I'm a Man" by Chicago and write a fake post about how I changed my mind about being a woman.  Maybe even suggest it was a "choice".  Then tomorrow I planned to post "I Am Woman" and say "April Fools!".

I CAN"T DO IT!  I can't even put it out there as joke!  That just feels wrong, Wrong, WRONG.  If someone took that out of context they would get the completely the wrong idea.  I can't suggest something so VERY INCORRECT!!

THIS WAS NOT A CHOICE and anyone who thinks or says that is DEAD WRONG!  I was *ALWAYS* a girl/woman inside.  As early as kindergarten the other children recognized it and said I was "girly".  How can any rational person think I made a "choice" at age 5 or 6 that I wanted to be a girl? Duh!

Because I was bullied for being "girly", "a sissy boy", etc. the actual "choice" I was forced to make was to avoid doing anything that appeared even remotely feminine, even if I desperately wanted to do "girl" things.  Not that that was very successful.  I was still ridiculed and bullied throughout grade school, junior high and high school for being a "sissy", "homo", "fag" and so on...

So I have been trying to think of another song to post today and this song came to mind.  It sorta works in several ways.  It's about a facade isn't it?  I was more like "the woman behind the male balloon", but "don't touch me I'll shatter and break" seems right.

Anyway, it appears that this song is obscure enough that there are no videos of it, by itself on YouTube.  This link goes to the point where this song starts in the reel-to-reel video I made on YouTube:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvdiHiaNz4&t=1h20m40s

No comments:

Post a Comment