Sunday, February 18, 2018

"Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John


Fixing "Smokey"

I was watching "Running with Scissors" and this was one of the songs in the movie.  It is definitely one of the epic songs from my teen years.  I can't remember why but this song associated with Jan when we were kids.

I found an old picture from that era.  That's Randy Underwood's old Corvair that we bought for $25.  Grandpa Gus called it "Smokey" because of the way it burned oil.  Actually, I don't think it burned it, it was most likely that the O-rings on the push rod tubes were leaking it onto the exhaust manifolds.  A very common problem with Corvairs.

That is Gaylen Bodily facing the camera (and flipping the bird?).  Still so sad that he is gone.  (See my post from last year: 29-Mar-2017)

YouTube (Official): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo1OwRTRKRk

No comments:

Post a Comment