Tuesday, April 17, 2018

"The Baderie Assid Recovery Project" by Lindsay Heath



Getting groceries last night and my last stop was at Harmon's at City Creek (no bathroom incidents this time).  It was magic, I only had $15 on me and the total came to $14.91, whew!

When I was walking back to the car I thought this guy sitting by the sidewalk was going to hit me up for change and I was going to have to tell him I had just spent all my money except for 9 cents.

Instead he asked me if I could drive him to LDS Hospital.  I was like ahhhh... um, sure.  He made me a little nervous, he claimed he wasn't intoxicated but he couldn't remember the word for what he was.  He said he was a boxer and could hit really hard?

We drove past the Magdalene School where the first Rock-n-Roll Camp for Girls last year.  That always feels like sacred ground for me, every time I drive by it.

Anyway, I dropped the guy off by the emergency room entrance, parked, went inside and made sure he had gotten in there safely.  He was talking to one of the councilors, so I headed home.

When I got to The Metro it was bitter cold.  There was a tall black man on the sidewalk, he was definitely very cold and his nose was running down his face.  He asked if I could give him $3.13 for something about his sister.  That was such an odd request and he was obviously freezing, I went inside and broke the $20 paying the door charge and went back outside and gave him a $5 bill.  He thanked me, gave me a hug and headed back up 1st South.  Very strange!

Because of those delays The Rock Princess (my friend Sofia Scott) and the Shecocks were just finishing up their set.  I messaged Lindsay and they came down and got me and led me upstairs to the Green Room.  Hung out with all of them for the remainder of the evening.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7pDzK8TOAA

No comments:

Post a Comment