Tuesday, November 8, 2016

"This Corrosion" by Sisters of Mercy

Misty K. Snow's team at the Sheraton Hotel viewing party.

Note: I'm actually writing this post in the future...

What a horrific night this turned out to be.  After Misty's concession speech, we went up to a private room and watched the results.  When it was clear that Trump had won, we all held each other and cried.

We watched until around 2 A.M. and then SueZQ came and picked me up and took me home.  I walked into my room and realized I could not be alone that night after such a disaster.  So I hopped into Lili (I have named the Corolla a.k.a. the Trans-mobile lili after The Danish Girl) and went back down to the Sheraton.

Actually the team was at the Denny's next door getting something to eat.  I joined them and had a really good scramble.  We went back to the room at the Sheraton for a while, Trudy drove Misty home and Charlie and I laid down in the king size bed in the loft.  Trudy came back from dropping Misty off and slept on the couch.  I think it was a fold out.

The next morning was frightening!  Unbelievable!  I absolutely expected to wake up on March 9th to the first woman president.  It was heartbreaking!  Charlie and I just laid there trying to wrap our heads around it.  I have to say it was nice to wake up and have someone there to commiserate with.

Anyway I had to play the Sisters of Mercy "Vision Thing" song with "another motherfucker in a motorcade" lyric.  Sigh!!!

I already posted "Vision Thing" clear back in my post for 28-Apr-2012 so I thought I would post a different Sisters of Mercy song for this day.  And "This Corrosion" feels kind of appropriate.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-RVJyNpfDk
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlIZErrPAl8
YouTube (Topic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB73FWsCpUM

No comments:

Post a Comment