Thursday, February 9, 2017

"Eleanor Rigby" by The Beatles

I've been thinking about the verse I mentioned last year in my post for "Becoming a Nun" by Vanessa Daou on 16-May-2016 and it still rings true:

I think I can live without it
Love with it's pumping blood
Sex with it's messy hungers
Men with their peacock strut


I thought I had perhaps found someone of interest on OkCupid but it suddenly veered off in an unexpected and unwanted direction and then quickly spun completely out of control.  I'm taking a break from OkCupid again.

But it struck me how many lonely people there are in the world, which reminded me of this song.  I guess things haven't changed much in 50 years.  :(

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuS5NuXRb5Y

Update 10-Feb-2017:

My friend Jimmy told me about a couple of phone apps called "Her" and "Gendr" that look pretty cool, I'm going to check them out.  It's very cool there is a dating app for the Gender Variant & Queer community.

No comments:

Post a Comment