Friday, February 17, 2017

"Walking Backwards Down the Road" by The Brothers Four

I remember Paige said right after the election last November that we can't be going backwards this way.  Since then many other people have expressed their dismay over how we seem to be taking a huge step backwards.  I fear that is exactly what is happening :(

I found another Samantha Bee - Full Frontal that I really love: "We're Still Not There: A Practical Guide to Resistance" that interviews some of the people from the Civil Rights Movement from 50-60 years ago.  I think one of the opening lines is relevant to this discussion: "As America moves rapidly BACKWARDS in time".

YouTube (Full Frontal): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZF5gJHhZM

Unfortunately I can't find the version of this song by The Brothers Four on YouTube.  This version by Studio Group is pretty good though.

YouTube (Studio Group): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8N5yz2E-io

I had lunch earlier today with 3 delightful women.  It was so wonderful meeting Kat, one of the organizers of Utah Women Unite.  I was disturbed to hear that the legislature is stonewalling us and holding the bills that are important to women in committee so they won't even come up for a vote.


Left to Right: Genevra, Me, Kat (Utah Women Unite) and Misty K. Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment