Monday, February 17, 2020

"I Don't Remember Me (Before You)" by Brothers Osborne


I bought the 2020 Grammy CD in Target a couple nights ago and I've been listening to it in the car.  There weren't many songs on it that really grabbed me.  This is one that did, so I replayed it a few times.

The lines "and I've heard stories about the boy I used to be" ... "but I don't remember me" kinda rang a bell.  I was like "Wow!  The boy I used to be".  I mean I was never really a boy, I know absolutely I was always a girl, but I looked like a boy.

I just passed the 5 year anniversary of starting HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) at the beginning of February 2015.  I had developed breasts by March and was "outed" because of them, so I went full time living as a woman at the end of March 2015.  The judge signed my order, so I legally became Rachel and female on May 5th, 2015.

So 5 years of being Rachel and living as a woman, long enough that it is weird to think back to when I... looked like a boy/man?... was trying to be something I was not?... was just plain wrong?

And I can't emphasize this enough: I had no idea it was even possible to be as happy as I've been since!

#Transgender
#TransIsBeautiful

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qiACOYSDhk

No comments:

Post a Comment