Sunday, August 20, 2017

"Backyard" by Daphne Willis

I must've been going to put these on ksl.com or something

Here it is the end of May 2019 and I haven't finished this post, so frustrating.  Thankfully I at least put a couple of notes in the draft post to remember something about this day.

I was at the Women's Red Rock Music Festival and first heard and met Daphne Willis there.  Just incredible!

But when I got home SueZQ told me that our new neighbor across the street and a companion showed up at our door in "Home Teacher Mode" and asked for "James Edwards" (my dead name)..  I went WTF?!?!?  I was so pissed about the whole Prop 8 think in California, that I had that name removed from the church records... apparently only in theory.

The church sent me a letter saying they had removed my name from church records.  So how did the new neighbors have my dead name.  I marched over there today (wearing my beautiful white lace dress) and after asking around I got to the ward clerk and explained the situation.  He said "Let's see" and whipped out his cell phone and looked at the membership and sure enough, James was still in there.

So if anybody actually believes the church removed their name, I would say thin again!  There used to be a sigh in one of the junkyards I got parts from that said "Honesty is the best policy.  Ours is second best.".  Obviously that is the Mormon Church's is second best too.

#DeadName
#MormonChurch
#Prop8



I woke up with this song stuck in my head, such a great song!
Stake Center find out about james

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0eJEURpV38

No comments:

Post a Comment