Monday, March 20, 2017

"Sleep Now in the Fire" by Rage Against the Machine

Earlier today I saw a story on the PBS News Hour about Chuck Berry's death (as I mentioned in yesterday's post).  They went on to talk about a famous journalist, Jimmy Breslin, also passing.

They mentioned one of his famous quotes: "Rage is the only quality which has kept me, or anybody I have ever studied, writing columns for newspapers.".  There was some talk about rage being what really drives people.  I thought about how that has certainly been a driver for me that last couple of months!

From Women's March at Utah State Capital 23-Jan-2017

Then this evening I attended a showing of the movie "Equal Means Equal" presented by Utah Women Unite at the Marmalade Library.


This film enraged me!  I was motivated before, but seeing this film was like throwing a thousand more gallons of fuel on the fire!!  It is seriously INSANE how discriminated against, women are in America.  Seriously everyone needs to see this film!!  It is unbelievable the many ways women are treated as lesser than men.

Oh I saw this the other day too:

YouTube (Woman's Card): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNAKKi43QVE

Anyway, my first thought was to post "Killing in the Name" by Rage Against the Machine, but then I found this song which is much more appropriate.  The really scary thing is the is one shot with somebody holding a "Donald Trump for President 2008" sign.


This video has the game show "Who Wants to be Filthy F#&%ing Rich?" and some of the questions and correct answers are:

Q: Number of Americans with no health care?
A: 45 Million   (this was before the Affordable Care Act)

Q: The richest in America own...
A:  80% of all wealth

Q: Women make...
A: 30% less than men

Q: How many people in the world live on less than $1 a day?
A: One billion

Q: How many Americans live in poverty?
A: 35 million

I loved the final statement: "No money was harmed"  LOL!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w211KOQ5BMI

No comments:

Post a Comment