Tuesday, March 13, 2018

"Funny How Little Men Care" by Mark Lindsay

Native women at the Utah State Capital on International Women's Day

Looking at this photo made me cry.  Why and how can there be all this injustice in the world?!?!?!  This is just SO FUCKING WRONG!!!!  And it's like so few of our politicians care.

I don't know, there had to be some sort of magic today.  Today is first day I've felt really, really good and strong since Transgiving in November.  It felt so unusual, strange, weird, to actually feel great!  Like it was out of the ordinary.

I'm watching the series "Lip Service" about a group of lesbians set in Glascow Scotland and the Sam (Detective Sergeant Sam Murray) character said "Saying I love you is like a gunfight, if you draw first you'd better not miss.".  Ain't that the truth! ;)
So I found this record int the garage the other day when I was getting my Lighthouse album out.  I had forgotten I had even bought it.


The receipts were down in the plastic outer sleeve and it was very WEIRD to see the signature on the credit card receipt:

Receipts from 18-Jan-2003 for purchasing Silverbird album

It is like it was somebody else.  It was somebody else.  I had NO idea that 15 years later I would be happily living as Rachel, a woman.  It still blows my mind!

I also just received some legitimate (not junk) mail addressed to James.  SIGH!!  Your name is out there in so many places, that just don't show up for years.  I will have been legally Rachel and Female for almost 3 years.

Anyway, I was listening to this album this morning and thinking how much I've loved this song.  More evidence that I was always a woman, I always related to the girls/women in music.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGo3T04uU3E
YouTube (Topic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqAvtWLqjPg

No comments:

Post a Comment