Monday, March 19, 2018

"Yeah!" by Usher ft. Lil Jon, Ludacris

In the dress I wore to the wedding


It was a BAD day today!  Definitely a Monday!  Very high stress!

We were out of coffee so I had to make a quick run to Trader Joe's.  I was stopped at a red light on 400 South and 300 East.  My glasses had fallen on the floor and while I was stopped I reached over to pick them up.  I guess when I leaned over I wasn't pressing on the gas hard enough and my car rolled into the car in front.  (Note: it was not Lily, the transmobile. Thank heavens I was driving my old Prius.  I'm sure it would have been even uglier and more embarrassing had I been driving Lily!)

There was no damage at all but the woman that was the passenger jumped out and started yelling at me.  She asked "What the hell is the matter with you" and said something about my being stupic.  Normally in such a situation the people involved look and see there is no damage and everybody goes on their way.  But this woman claimed they got whiplash.

It was a whole scene and police were involved (they were super nice to me) but had to give me a ticket since that woman tossed a fit.  In situations like that I always wonder how it would have played out if I was some tough macho dude instead of a transgender woman.

Then after that there was more stress I had a family wedding, a little stressful because it was the first time some family members saw me as Rachel and only the 2nd most of the others had seen me.  Plus I wasn't thinking with everything else going on and left my car keys at home and I lost one spare a couple of weeks ago and I found my third spare was gone too.  So I couldn't drive my car to the wedding.  I was totally stressed by all that shit.

I do have to say, that in the several interactions I've had with SLPD in recent months (I was pulled over twice for burned out headlights before this), the officers have been so very nice and courteous to me.  The one motorcycle officer that pulled me over for the headlight out was being funny and totally making me laugh.



Anyway, because I didn't have my car keys, SueZQ ended up driving me to the wedding in Ogden.  It was at the HUB801 center, just north of 36th Street on Riverdale Road.  Lori told me the building used to be the Coca Cola offices.

The wedding turned out to be wonderful!  A beautiful and delightful end to a high stress day. They did some really fun things.  For example, instead of playing the wedding march for Makayla to come down the isle, she chose Darth Vader's entrance music.  It was freaking AWESOME!  I told her if I ever get married again, I will totally do that.  (Yes, I would be the bride.)

The also picked some great music for the reception.  The food was great.  I loved that Makayla picked up Sam in their first dance and swung him around.  That was SO COOL to see!

Makayla and Sam's first dance as Wife and husband

Anyway, I got up and danced to this song.  It was very fun.

YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxBSyx85Kp8

No comments:

Post a Comment