Tuesday, March 3, 2020

"Daisy Petal Pickin'" by Jimmy Gilmer and the Fireballs

The box this reel tape is stored in
This is another song I found on the old reel-to-reel-tape (see my posts on February 2nd and 3rd).  I remember when I got the 45 RPM single of this song.  I was so excited!  We were still living on 36th Street in Ogden.  It was when our "stereo(?) system" was out in the back "wash" room. above the washing machine.  It was a Bendix front loading washing machine if I remember correctly.  We had a "Eico" amplifier, that it seems like the Koldiwyn (?) TV Repair shop put together... no, I think they repaired it it at some point.  Eico was a "kit" like "Heathkit" was.

We triedd to take the Plymouth out to pick up Mariah from school, but the wheel bearing started clunking, so I drove it home and got the Mazda.  The Mazda, with that racing clutch is just a nightmare in traffic.  So stressful to to drive in bad traffic!!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP2MSY3ZnPA
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRY7M6HFGOU

No comments:

Post a Comment