Saturday, May 16, 2020

"Saved by Zero" by The Fixx

Track listing of the KRP on air cassette I found
I made a track listing of the cassette I found that was an on air recording of KRP a short lived New Wave station on November 1st, 1987.  (See yesterday's post)

I was going to post another song from the cassette today and I was thinking maybe "Secret Separation" by The Fixx.  But when I checked to see if I've posted it before, I noticed that I've never posted "Saved by Zero".  I was like WTF?  How can that possibly be!!  That was one of the first songs I heard on MTV that really drew me to it.  It was just an epic, quintessential song and video for me.  So I've decided I should post it for today!

Interesting that the extended version has additional lyrics.

YouTube (Vevo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOiZP8FS5Ww
YouTube (audio): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euBzxXFEuA4
YouTube (Topic-extended): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-4iqBhU6Qk



Good to see the red grease poking through the ball joint
And I love that I found red dust boots for the ball joints
New tie rod end, new spindle and caliper bracket installed and torqued
The bolts that hold the caliper bracket to the spindle are supposed to be torqued to 95 foot pounds.  I could never get the torque wrench to click indication it was at 95 ft. lbs.  I put the assembly on the ground and tried to hold it still with my feet while I wrenched o  the bolts.  Couldn't do it.  I had SueZQ come and help me and we still couldn't get there.

Finally it occurred to me that if I attached the spindle to the car, the car would hold it steady for me.  I did so and it was cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment